The top earners for the $40,000 MHBA Yearling Show Purse Premium, a bonus award from the Maryland-bred Fund presented to the highest-earning 2 and 3-year-olds shown at the annual MHBA yearling, have been tabulated.
Every yearling shown, regardless of class standing, is eligible for these cash awards which are split and distributed twice-$20,000 divided among the exhibitors of the four show contestants who earn the most money at 2 and another $20,000 divided among the exhibitors of the four highest-earning at 3. All earnings are verifiable by The Jockey Club.
The premium is distributed 65 percent to the exhibitor of the leading earner, 20 percent to second, 10 percent to third and 5 percent to fourth.
Three-year-olds of 2014 (shown in 2012-judge Al Stall Jr.)
- Luna Time, ch.f., Malibu Moon—High Moment, by High Yield; shown in Class IV, entry #29, by Dorsey Brown and Richard Palmer. 2014 earnings: $125,073
- My T Swift, b.f., Spring At Last—T. Swift, by Tomahawk; shown in Class IV, entry #52, by Skeedattle Associates. 2014 earnings: $89,611
- Nickyrocksforpops, dk.b./br.f., Rock Slide—Haveyouheard, by Oh Say; 1st in Class III, entry #19, shown by Bill Shook. 2014 earnings: $72,357
- Rojo Perfecto, dk.b./br.g., Isla Vista—Wellingtons Arch, by Arch; shown in Class II, entry #6, by Dennis Cardoza. 2014 earnings: $65,076
Two-year-olds of 2014 (shown in 2013-judge Ken McPeek)
- Sara Rocks, b.f., Rock Slide—Waltz, by Pleasant Tap; 1st in Class III, entry #23, shown by Robert T. Manfuso. 2014 earnings: $77,315, 1st Tri-State Futurity
- E Dubai’s Humor, ch.f., E Dubai—Final Humor, by Distorted Humor; shown in Class IV, entry #13, by Spring Meadow Farm. 2014 earnings: $74,920, 2nd Smart Halo S
- Bridget’s Big Luvy, b.c., Tiz Wonderful—Memories of Mystic, by Dixie Union; 2nd in Class II, entry #37, shown by Dark Hollow Farm. 2014 earnings: $61,150
- Callmealion, dk.b./br.f., Lion Hearted—Belles Champ, by Clever Champ; shown in Class III, entry #62, by Heishman Partnership and Carol Ann Kaye. 2014 earnings: $47,038